Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Rain on my eyelids


Well, bit of a cop-out I'm afraid for the new topic of Illustration Friday. Anyway it's a doodle from one of my sketch books that I did a little while ago and I scanned it in and coloured it up in illustrator. Clean those eyelids, throw away those umbrella's, I say! I was thinking the other day (as I was walking in the rain) how I used to love it when it rained when I was a kid and I'd beg to take a brolly and go out on the street. I was never allowed to though as as my Dad put it: "You'll catch pneumonia." What a fun killer! (I did have an umbrella with me the other day though, but my dog didn't..maybe I can make him a rain coat.)

14 comments:

rachel stoleru said...

this is fun, i love your style.

beck wheeler said...

maybe you could make my cat a raincoat too...i love the illo and the story...sweet

Beck said...

jules when i grow up i want to be able to draw as good as you you...
the website sketchbook is killer.
its a shame your dad wouldn't let you out in gumboot though...

Christine Lim Simpson said...

Love the humour. Great illo. :)

Frizz said...

This is SO NOT a cop out. You brought a sketch to life and it's great! I really love what you are doing and I am excited to come back for more!! Very original stuff!

Thanks for you nice comments! I'll be back!

Melissa said...

What a fun illustration! Love the execution. Although I admit I'm a little grossed out because eye-stuff freaks me out. I can't even handle eye drops and that guy looks like he's in pain! :-)

benconservato said...

funny.
Reminded me a little of a crazy friend of mine.
Love it.

claudine hellmuth said...

hee hee! I love it! I think it is wonderful!

Lady Guedes said...

Hey, I like your style!

arvindh said...

Yes that is a nice feeling indeed!

Sorrel Sparks said...

wierd, I have never felt rain on my eyelids (that i remember) but i quite like it when it hits my eyeball and the street lights get big yellow circles around them! Nice style and use of colour is beautifuul.

Alina Chau said...

LOL Wicked fun!!

Pickledog said...

Fun style. The eyelids are crazy in a good way : )

denise said...

this one made me laugh and laugh, I love it! Happy IF!