Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Clean


This is my effort for this weeks Illustration Friday. What could be cleaner than a baby... in the rain?
..and can someone please tell me why the hell I stitched this onto the most creased piece of fabric I could find!!?? I have tried ironing it, maybe I should gently wet it and let it dry then iron it again. If anyone has a solution I'd love to hear it!
I have a frame ready for this little piece. I'm planning on starting up a little online shop soon, maybe this'll be the first item for sale..?

12 comments:

joze22 said...

the baby is so funny
haha!
seems lost?

erika said...

wow! i'm glad you mentioned that it is stitched on fabric because i couldn't even tell. add so much to the piece.

i love it!

Malin H said...

This is good! Fun! I like.

Muffin said...

Aw, so cool! :D I love the baby, - he looks like fun. Also cool that you actually stitched it, nice to see something different. :)

Dee said...

Very different! I like how the baby is sitting there like, "How the heck did I end up here anyway?" Fun colors, too.

Rrramone said...

Jules, I think the wrinkles add to the interest. :-) Love the freshness of it!

Darice said...

Just marvelous! What a perfect face!

Jules Knoblock said...

You know how fussy artists can be about their own work though, when I look at it all I see is the wrinkles!!

claudine hellmuth said...

love this! your use of stitching makes this piece!

marcisenders said...

Adorable!

MiJa said...

reminds of what Ed, Edd & Eddy looked like as a baby! I'm liking the creases, kind of represents a baby diaper.

Majeak Ann said...

LOVE this simple yet successful style of you!
so true bout the baby!

saludos!
Marjorie