Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Match made in heaven


Did this tonight for IF. I was happy with it, though now I am unhappy.... it took me a while to load this pic up because my computer was playing up and my browser kept quitting on me every time I tried to upload it. So, I went into a different browser and tried to do it there, and my blog looked absolutely terrible!!! My title pic did not show up, the writing went from one side of the page to the other, and all my links were down the bottom, no sidebar.. and everything was centred. Please tell me if this is how you are seeing my blog. I'm on the case and hope I can get it fixed up soon. I've probably stuffed up the code somewhere and have no idea how I'm going to fix it with my little knowledge of code.
Urggh, anyway, this piece is done in coloured pencils and pen then a digital border. I really love playing with my coloured pencils, makes me feel like a kid again. I also have been playing with textas and poskas, and it's great to mix them all together in the one piece. I felt so uninspired and unmotivated today, but then something happened at 10pm and I felt like drawing. The joys of being an artist. I had a whole day to get some stuff done today, and what did I do? I slept, I ate, and that's about it. Recovered from yet another big weekend. Heading out again tomorrow night for a friends gig, and we have our house warming on the weekend! I've really got to go "full nerd" as Jim's sister would say and cut back on the partying..
Hope you like this weeks IF, and please tell me if you see my blog display correctly & any tips to fix it! Ta!

20 comments:

Amy Zaleski said...

I had the same exact problem with Blogger this morning!! How frustrating! I usually use Safari to upload, but it kept crashing when I would upload images. Then I went to Internet Explorer and had the same issues you mentioned. I finally got it to work somehow, but my "Match" entry isn't showing up on my main blog on Safari, only by its entry title. Oh well, I did mean to leave a real comment for you here...this is really fun - I love his hair especially and their direct gaze. It really shows that you had a good time with those colored pencils!

Anja said...

Hi Julie, yesterday I tried to upload a birthday card for my friend Frauke the whole day!!!
Anyway, I am able to see your blog display correctly and your illo looks great.

hemelsgroen said...

No problems here either, so I guess it was just a temporary failure.
Cool image as usual!

benconservato said...

Yuour blog is fine, it must have been a bug that day.
I love your illustration, it is very lively.

Tarik said...

first time at your blog, and i like it a lot:)

Sweet Pea said...

Great illo and I love the coloured pencil texture - bee-oo-tee-fool :)

deardeedle said...

I love it! I love the little bird, and the colors and the curly window you have gracing the main image. Lovley

sandra said...

It's so very sweet, I like your choise of colours and the guy's hair is wonderful.

Naru said...

I like your color. well done!

bill zeman said...

cool drawing and interesting colors. i like the surreal plants and flowers

Malin H said...

You have a very nice style! I really like it. It's inspiering and really fun to look at!
/M

angel hair said...

had a lousy day - but your image brought a smile to my face. thank you. what a lovely drawing.

mimu said...

a cute illo and a nice use of coloured pencils. It always brings a smile to my face when I bring out my big tin box of derwents.

flossy-p said...

hehehe, how cute is their eye contact?!!!
I LOVE the exotic flora in their spotty garden of eden, great colours too.

Majeak Ann said...

great work! :)
...so much fun!!
-Marjorie

lil kim said...

so cute! two little couch potatoes in love. I had and am still having the same problems with blogger, but don't worry, your blog is fine.

Muffin said...

I really like this style you have. It's so interesting to look at. :) Keep it up!

Michelle said...

This is such a wonderful illustration, very creative work.

Jules Knoblock said...

Blogger is slightly behaving today, I have now opened a flickr account to load my photos to.
Thanks for all your lovely comments, I'm glad everyone's enjoying my stuff ;)

AnastasiaC said...

this is great Jules - cute match!!!