Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Play a song for your sweetie


Started doodling this in my sketch book on the weekend. Once again it's an Illustration Friday entry for "play." I had the best day on Sunday drawing in my sketch book, playing guitar with Jimbo, hugging my dogs and sitting outside having a couple of quiet drinks by the fire... but this guy in the sketch is by no means Jim.. he doesn't sing love songs to me, like this guy does when he plays to his sweetie. Although, I think it's unrequited love, so it's not his sweetie, probably someone else's. Ok, so now I'm babbling on a bit, well it's almost 1am so I guess it's about that time..!

16 comments:

steve said...

Great doodle and idea! Sounds like an enjoyable time too!

Frizz said...

Sounds perfectly yummy! Great sketch - I'm so jealous of your talent!

Diane Duda said...

adorable!

Zara said...

Great work!

Majeak Ann said...

this is so nice & fun...Jules you have such a cool style!

-Marjorie

Tamsin Ainslie said...

your work is GREAT! doodles, sketches, paintings & all

Anja said...

I like your work! Your BLOG is great.

flossy-p said...

I'm pretty sure I saw him on the Australian Idol auditions!
Pure talent!

Sweet Pea said...

This is a doodle? Love the texture and colour and their love buggy eyes :)

Christiane said...

Love the style!
And the content, too!:0)

Jules Knoblock said...

Yes I guess it started off as a doodle.. but then I added some texta (I love playing with textas, makes me feel like I'm a kid again), coloured pencils (ditto for the derwents!) ..and a bit of paint.
So.. when does a doodle cross the line to become a painting or equivalent!?

lil kim said...

great drawing and great colours - he seems entranced with his love song to his unnamed crush.

Rrramone said...

Love your blog! :-) You got mad skills.

And in reply to your question, I actually buy the signs from the homeless, which for a brief moment puts us both in a place of choice and power. I'm not averting my eyes, and they are aware they have something I want. :-)

Malin H said...

This is cute. I like your style!
/M

denise said...

I like your babbling ;) Cute illo!

Beth said...

Yea! Let's rock!