Friday, September 15, 2006

Illustration Friday: Farm

Whoa, a bit slow on the uptake here... least I still made it in with a day! This piece is a doodle from my sketch book, then scanned in and played around with in photoshop. Curse the mouse for drawing on computer.. I'd really like one of those drawing tablets, but considering I'm really not doing alot of digital work lately it's hard to justify it. I once heard someone liken drawing with a mouse to drawing with a block of soap.. and I don't think they were far off the mark.. :P
Anyway, it's just a quickie this week, I've been quite busy. Started a commission job today, been working on a few pieces for an exhibition, finishing off an old commission, got a copy of my book!! and some other stuff that's been going on in life that's taken up alot of my time lately.
Plus I got a gocco! How sweet is that!? Can't wait to try it out.. but first I want to finish all my unfinished work..

10 comments:

Michelle Lana said...

great work and very cool style!

erika said...

love this, great style and color. oo, a print gocco. i wants! :)

Alina Chau said...

wicked cool illo! Love the style!

BINO said...

yeahpaaaaaaaaa

very nice! Love it!


Bino

http://binoland.blogspot.com/

marcisenders said...

This is a great illustration! Love the type!

Stacia said...

Like your illustrative style. I can't believe you do this with a mouse! The colors, the handwriting...it's all fab!

Digital Scott's illustrationblog said...

Very fun illustration! I'm very intrigued by this Gocco business! I must check it out.

Zara said...

Great work...and I'm very jealous that you got a Gocco!

Muffin said...

Aah, wonderful! :D I love it. The colors are perfect, - and the characters are SO much fun! Very well done, Jules.

Sassenach said...

Yep, that's exactly what our farm looks like!