Thursday, September 28, 2006

Mini quilt


Inspired by the mini quilt that I saw a while ago that Green Kitchen made, and also by the georgeous little quilts that Angry Chicken makes, I decided to make one of my own.. but in my style.
First I hand painted my image onto white fabric, then hand quilted/ stitched all the outlines and detail. I've never done any quilting before, so it was a new experience for me. I've really been getting into sewing lately. I can't stop playing with it now, like all cute blankets, cushions and other soft things, it just cries out to be touched.
Other than finishing this today I have been sitting at my desk staring blankly into space.. I have no inspiration, I think I just used it all up. Nothing is coming to me. Maybe its time to get my bookwork in order... uuurrrrgghhh.
UPDATE: This mini quilt is now in my etsy shop!

8 comments:

Anja said...

Hey Jules, that´s really nice, love it.

futuregirl said...

Wow! Your mini quilt looks great. The little x's in the moon are a nice touch. I can't express how much I *love* this. When I look at it, I just light up inside. The colors, the composition, just everything is wonderful.

Green Kitchen said...

Hey! This is so cool. Isn't it fun to do an illustration in fabric? I love how yours turned out. Did you use acrylics or something else? The mini quilt baton has been passed. I wonder who will pick it up next. Congratulations on your book. They look like very cool publishers. And, I've loving your fawns. They make me smile.

Jules Knoblock said...

Wow, such nice comments :)
Yes, I used acrylics, but they were quite watered down.
I'm glad people are getting enjoyment out of looking at my stuff :) *thankyou for the sweet comments*

Cheeky Beaks said...

Love the mini quilt. The idea of painting and then sewing around makes it an amazing one-of-a-kind you should be proud of!

Bronwen said...

HI Sorry I couldn't find an email contact (betcha I'm just blind). Try yesasia.com or Amazon.jp for the books!!

benconservato said...

really love this.
Beautiful.

Chickengirl said...

so cute!