Monday, September 18, 2006

What a cutie!


Made this last night, from a pattern from an old craft book that was my Great Grandmother's that I wrote about recently. She's made from green felt, stitching and beads & is now in my etsy shop. I'm really happy with her, I think she's just georgeous!
In the tradition of being all cute & crafty today, I've just added Creative Swoon to my links list... very nice. Along with The Black Apple who has really nice work & Sarah Davis who is also an aussie illustrator like me.
And a special thankyou to Mimu for letting me know about the blank babushka dolls for sale at Keith and Lottie, for any of you creative aussies out there that feel like painting up their own babushka dolls.. and I know there are plenty of you! It can sometimes be hard to find obscure things like this down under. So, thanks Mimu :)

6 comments:

julie said...

Nice! I think that you'll like this link


http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~s.mama/gallery.html

Chrysti said...

I think i need to make this mine!

Jules Knoblock said...

hehe I think you have! xx

Maxi Muñoz said...

Wow Julie....amazing stuff!
Blow my mind!!
You are a very talented artist...wish you luck!!
Cheers from Argentina!

benconservato said...

She is indeed gorgeous.

Majeak Ann said...

what a cutie, it remind me of Bambi.. ^ ^, one of my fave movies when I was a child.
-Marjorie