Thursday, November 16, 2006

Finally, another Illustration Friday!


Haha! Got one done. After my previous post I felt bad about missing my usual illustration Friday topics, so I just had to colour in this pic that I had already drawn. I feel it's a shame that I only ever get halfway there, and I never post them!
This week's topic was 'clear.' This picture is a play on the fact that sometimes people in a relationship can be so oblivious to what their partner is really like, when actually it's as plain as day. I guess that's why they say love is blind!
I wonder what this girl ever saw in him!!?
This is a mixed media piece using graph paper, pen, coloured pencil, felt, stitching, and wonderful wonderful magical scotch tape. I have discovered a new love for this stuff tonight. I stuck all over the paper (just to stick the graph paper down at first) and the vibrancy of the coloured pencil when drawn over the top is fab-o! Plus it has a nice feel to draw over it with pencil. Oooohhh, I think I've just discovered a new technique. Don't you just love that?
(Click on image for a slightly larger view.)

14 comments:

burd said...

i'm a lurker but i just have to pop in to tell you this one resonates with me. i love all your illo work but the feeling behind this one is something that i'm coming to terms with lately, not with a significant other but with a mother oddly enough. :) good job bringing it out in such an artful way.

steve said...

This is wonderful--the whole image and idea behind it.I love looking at this.

Michelle Lana said...

always love your fun illos, jules! great!

Natura said...

Love this so much! Great style and technik

Eric Dyck said...

very nice...love your avatar too!

John Coulter said...

excellent style. love the collage
http://johncoulter.blogspot.com/

carla said...

This is awesome! I love you style and color choices. This would make a great break-up card! There must be such a thing... I really like your range of media, too. You know...you should just post your stuff even if it isn't finished. Tell us to come back and see it when it's done:>

Lu*** said...

great, very cool!!!

Alina Chau said...

This is awesome!!

scribblesk said...

Wow, all the tape is very cute!

Jeannette said...

Very cool! I like your style.

Jeannette
www.jimmyjanesays.com

Jeannette said...

Very cool! I like your style.

Jeannette
www.jimmyjanesays.com

studio lolo said...

This is great stuff!! I think I'll try the tape thing!

.cecilia. said...

beautiful work! I like very much!
:)