Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The new etsy is here

..along with my new banner (comments & criticisms welcome)! I'm really loving the new look of etsy version 2. Our shops look much better, more professional and the item photos are bigger and therefore easier to see (and perhaps more tempting to window shoppers? Or should I say "monitor shoppers"!?) Anyway, I'm in a crafty item making frenzy at the moment, so keep checking my shop and also the fabulous Georgielove for some more new stuff coming very soon! I've been working on some new bag designs and also had an idea for a new mini quilt last night. I'm also going to make some more brooches; here's one that's in the shop now:
I've been so busy lately with illustration work, and while it is nice to be busy and have work, it's a shame that I'm neglecting my blog and not doing any illo's for illustration Friday. I have however sketched out or doodled every single topic, it's just that most of them are pretty quick doodles & are all half finished.

Did I mention previously that Jimbo & I bought an acre of dirt? Well we did! I also registered my business name tummyache, so business cards, swing tags and all the rest of the stuff that goes along with a new label is in the process of being made. So with my new business venture, plus illustration work, and not to mention the fact that everyone wanted to be born around this time of year, and with Christmas coming up, it's a very busy time indeed.

Oh, and I have been typing and blogging this with my very own brand spanking new wacom drawing tablet! It's very strange to get the hang of, but I'm feeling excited about all the possibilities it will open up for me in the world of digital illustration, hopefully making my job a little easier & fun. At the moment I feel awkward with it and feel like I'm not going to draw anything much more professional looking than the pictures I drew in high school when I mucked around with my best mates computer with the basic paint program. (I still remember how exciting that was- I didn't own a computer then! Now that I think about it that program was pretty much on par with the etch-a-sketch.. actually we might have had a computer by then.. the good old commodore 64!)

Now for some linky dinky love for today: Kirin Notebook. You know I love it when I stumble across other talented Aussies.. and this gals in Melbourne! An interesting blog with some nice looking images.. I know this one will become a regular visit for me.

8 comments:

Anja said...

Thank you for your comments. Yes, I designed the christmas decoration by myself. It was the first needlework I did since primary school. And I loved it. I saw so many nice handmade stuff on different blogs and I decided to try it too. This morning I visited your new etsy shop. Your stuff is great and I noticed that you sold a lot of it. Congratulation! Greetings from Germany, Anja.

KJ said...

You are SO right about everyone wanting to be born this time of year. In October, November and December, I've got: my niece, my sister, my brother-in-law, my dad, and four of my closest friends. It's fairly insane.

But enought about me: Your little brooch guy is SO cute. Congrats on the steps you've taken with tummyache!

Kate said...

Congratulations on the dirt and the business!

Frizz said...

How much do I love this brooch?? This is brilliant! I must save my pennies !

futuregirl said...

Congrats on your acre of dirt! At least the possibilities are endless ... right? :)

I love the patch. It's totally adorable.

Cheeky Beaks said...

Love the brooch and look forward to seeing the swing tags atc. Congrats on all your new ventures.

Anonymous said...

hey! That "mouse paint" program on your best mates computer was brilliant!! ha ha funny that your best made did some of her best work on that program. Seems my skills peaked and stunted all at once in year nine, whereas you my dear were always going on to greater things. Enjoy the retro love we have for that program and the hours spent creating woobly masterpieces. ;-) PS I LOVE all of your new stuff..can't wait to get the book now I'm home!

Jules Knoblock said...

hahahaha! Look- there's my best mate, you can't stay anonymous- I know it's you!