Hello! How are we all?
Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I did. Lots of food, drink and family to share it with. It was fun but I'm glad all the hoo-ha is over with now. I even packed up my Christmas tree today. It's all over for me for another year.
I am now officially on holidays. I am still going to work on tummache stuff, and a few personal paintings & things. I'm trying to take it easy but I'm finding it hard to relax. I feel guilty, like I should be doing something.. I do however have a list of things I would like to get done on my break.
1. Michelle's mini quilt for swapsies. Top of the list! I can't believe it's taken me so long. I do have a good idea for it though.
2. Practice guitar & ukulele. Poor neglected things. I'm even thinking of getting some lessons. (In guitar.)
3. Clean this grubby house!! I started this today as it was really in a shambles as I've been so busy. The garden is included in this task.
4. Go on some long leisurely walks with my two mutts.
5. Show all youse guys photos of The Thirsty Flowers book launch.
6. Make a bundle of bags, purses and other odds & ends for my shop. I made this little fella today, he's in there now.
I know there's more to add to the list but I can't think of them right now. Plus the list is making me feel exhausted and I don't want it to be too long!!
Here are some shots of a really smokey day we had because of the Victorian bushfires. They are under control now I'm pretty sure because of the heavy rain & snow we've recently had. Snow. Yes, snow in summer. Christmas day was the coldest on record this year.. with Melbourne really living up to it's erratic weather reputation. Hail, rain and sunshine all in one day! It's crazy I tell you. I hate the cold too. Christmas here in Oz is usually a summer dress and bbq event. Looks like you can't plan ahead when you live in Victoria!
Anyway, I wanted to show these photos because I took them specifically for my blog! My eyes were really stinging this day.. the middle photo is taken from our block of land.
In some other fine and dandy news the lovely lady behind Decor8 blogged about me. What a great resource her blog is for all that is unique & stylish. Lucky she sifts through all the crap out there so we don't have to. She blogs about etsy sellers frequently it seems, which is a good thing. Support the artists I say!
Modamuse also found me and is another resource to find cool unique designs in Australia & New Zealand. I love checking these sites out. There's so many talented creative people out there who I'd rather support whenever I need a pressie for someone, or even something for myself rather than the big faceless department stores. Yeah!
I think that's enough for today ;) I bought a bottle of Bailey's with some xmas money today, so I'll be digging into that soon. Yum-o!!