Monday, December 11, 2006

What's this tag game all about?

I've been tagged by Tiel from tsk tsk. This is new to me in blog form.. yet looks like fun! I always love those emails that friends and family send to you with answers to silly questions which you copy into another email and answer yourself. Mainly because I feel a sense of obligation, which saves me from work for a while. Plus I get a strange sense of satisfaction from filling out forms, and this is kinda similar. So here goes:

4 jobs I have had:
-Mushroom picker. Not your romantic gathering in skirts forest type, but 8 hours a day monotonous job in sheds on ghastly tall trolleys type.
-Factory work at my Dad's work looking in paint chip catalogues for missing or folded colour chips with a pot of glue at the ready. (Also extremely monotonous!)
-Retail work in a milk bar for a nasty woman. Karma got her when the place burnt down. (Wasn't me- I swear!! Now that makes it sound like it was me! I'm really not a psycho!)
-Kitchen hand in a smokey bingo centre.

4 movies I could watch over and over:
-Napoleon Dynamite.
-Spongebob Squarepants.
-Stand by me.
-Being John Malcovich.

4 places I have lived (apart from where I am now):
-Kemps Creek, NSW
-Near Cooroy, QLD (I've got a serious mental blank and can't remember the name.)
-Diamond Creek, VIC (I grew up here.)
-Preston, VIC

4 TV shows I love:
-Ali G
-The Office
-Neighbours (oh so ashamed, especially because it's really gone down in quality lately (if that is at all possible)
-Ren & Stimpy (The OLD original ones... How did they ever get away with it!!?)

4 places I have been for a vacation:
-Lake Lonsdale (The place our family used to go for camping trips when I was a kid. Many fond memories.)
-Fraser Island QLD, beautiful. I remember going there when I was young and seeing the brumbies. They aren't there anymore unfortunately. It's also the only place that pure dingos still exist in Australia.
-China. Crazy, scary, interesting, grubby, inspiring, busy place.
-Fiji.

4 websites I visit daily:
-Etsy.
-My blog. As it's my home page because I love to see if there are new comments for me to read.
-Flickr.
-Google.

4 favourite foods:
-Ice Cream. Love it. Throw away the lollies & chocolate. Just give me ice cream.
-Vegies. As my brother once said, don't give me fruit, but back up a truck load of vegies and I'll be happy.
-Chicken. As a vegetarian once, I am strangely in love with the taste of this meat.
-Does beer count as a food?

4 places I would rather be:
-Somewhere where the weather isn't erratic and 37 (98 F) one day then cold, raining and windy the next. (BLOODY MELBOURNE WEATHER!!!)
-Having a beer by a fire listening to some old tunes.
-Morrocco stocking up on some cheap lanterns.
-The Outpost. A really cool pub in Noogee, VIC.

4 people I am tagging:
-Future Girl.
-Sarah Davis.
-Kim Fleming.
-Beck Wheeler.
(Sorry guys!!)

-----------------------------

Now for photo of new items in my shop. I made these on the weekend and tried out a new fun way of taking photos. What do you think?

7 comments:

lil kim said...

thanks Jules, that was fun.
great photos! looks like some nice shag carpet you've got there ;-)

binny said...

prrrr loving the shag also! don't worry Jules, i also have a shameful neighbours addition. it's appauling. Sometimes its so bad i almost have to watch though my hands. yet here we are.
Binny

tiel s-k said...

Thanks Julie...hope it deterred you from your work for a little bit!

Is the town..Pomona, Eumundi, Kin Kin. My folks live in Pomona about 10 minutes from Cooroy...know it well!

Rrramone said...

Jules, whether you know it or not, we are kindred spirits. I can tell by the list of movies and tv shows. Really. Seriously. I'm not foolin'.

futuregirl said...

I just came back to re-read your answers and I noticed the bags. How did I miss these!?

They are awesome! I love the fabrics you choose. They look wonderful with your embroidery and collage. I love the faux fur background, too.

Shell said...

I love Fraser Island too - we spent new year 2000 there - we were camping right up the northern end where only hard core four wheel drivers go and it was soooo quiet and special. We had no idea what was going on back at the mainland.

Your bags are great! Love the fabrics.

annalaura said...

I have also recently fallen out with Neighbours, which I affectionaly called Nebbies. My boyfriend spotted it a few weeks ago, he thinks it is because it has turned into 'The Timmins Half Hour Slot'.

I also love The Office and I have recently got right into the US version. Took a little while, but it well worth it.