Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Moleskine & 5 things
Newsflash! I got a moleskine sketch book! I wondered if these little journals would live up to all the hoo-ha surrounding them, so I decided to lash out (really, it was lash out, these little buggers are expensive) and buy myself one.
It came in the mail last week (which is how I'm buying everything these days- through mail order) and I was really excited to get it. I can definitely say that it really has lived up to all expectations. The quality of the paper is great, and I love the rounded corners. I am also a fan of drawing & painting on smooth surfaces so the paper is perfect for me. Plus I LOVE how the pages open up flat so you can draw over both pages, and even have detail in the centre of the book.
Wow, what an advertisement!
Now, I've been tagged again! Thanks Lara!
Here's the rules:
1. someone tags you,
2. you post five things about yourself that you haven’t already mentioned on your blog,
3. you tag people you’d like to know more about.
So, here goes...
1. Vegemite. I'm one of those people that likes a smidge of it on my toast. This is spurred from the conversation I heard on triple j the other week about the "nine dots" rule. Apparently there is a whole following of people out there that adhere to nine dots of vegemite. Strange. I don't do nine dots but I do put it on in a precise manner.
2. The fingernail on my third finger on my left hand had been flattened on the side from years and years of writing & drawing. Does anyone else have this?
3. I like the funny weird feeling you get when you're walking down stairs and you think there's another one but there isn't.
4. When I was a kid I thought adults were stupid because they had the option to eat sweets and lollies for each meal everyday but they didn't. I also came to the conclusion that the food in the cupboards must've been free as we weren't allowed to get lunch orders because we "couldn't afford it" so we had to take stuff from home. Kind of smart in a dumb kind of way! (Yes?)
5. I don't believe in astrology. Mainly for the fact that I'm supposed to be a gemini which means that I am supposed to be loud and outgoing and always wanting to be the centre of attention. That couldn't be further from the truth. I can be loud when I'm around people I know well though & I'm not as quiet as I used to be. I was a painfully shy kid. Sometimes people tell me they thought I was a snob before they got to know me. At least they found out I'm not!
Who can I tag? Tiel from tsk tsk, that's who!
Now for some some linky love in this post:
I found another crafter working from Melbourne and it's Leslie from onegirldesignwrks. Her designs and crafty items are calming and beautiful. Love the sweet toys.
I did find another aussie blog in my net surfing a few weeks back and really wanted to add it to my list, but do you think I can remember it? I should've added it to my bookmarks. I did leave a comment on her blog saying that I wanted to add her, and from memory I think she had an etsy shop too. She also said she was a lurker and reads blogs but hardly ever comments on them. Do you know who I'm talking about?
Posted by Jules Madden at 9:46 am