Thursday, March 01, 2007

Finally, some photos from the book launch!

It's been a long time coming, but here they are. I eventually get things done that I need to do, sometimes it just takes me a while, but I do get there! Here's myself and Tony Wilson with the book The Thirsty Flowers on the day, with some photos below of the reading, the exhibition, a girl studying the book quite hard, and some of the crowd from the start of the day. You can see a couple of extra photos on my flickr page.
I loved speaking to individuals about the book, and the signing was alot of fun. It was a cold melbourne day, but that didn't stop the celebrating. I enjoyed the day (even though I had some nerves- I'm not a centre of attention type of gal) and before I knew it, it was all over. I could've drank champagne for the rest of the night!
The original work was displayed in the Books Illustrated upstairs gallery, and alot of it has now been sold but am expecting to get some pieces that are still available online soon incase anyone is interested in owning an original.



So that's about it for that. I'll be back soon with updates on all the stuff that's keeping me busy lately. New artwork, new items for the shop... I've got so many things on the go that I really don't know how it fits in with me actually being a lazy person.

5 comments:

tiel s-k said...

Julie, you should be so proud of this achievement. For a lot of illustrators the opportunity to illustrate a chidren's book is a magical one.

congrats, and you look great!

Kate said...

Congratulations - the book and illustrations look wonderful!

shannon said...

Nice work!! Its a great book you must be very proud of it and excited.

Anna said...

Hey wow congratulations- it must be awesome seeing your work in a book- well done! I love children's book illustrations- im sure that I have brought some just for the illustrations (my nieces are quite well read)...

Shell said...

Oh, hey, congratulations! That's so fabulous...the launch looks like it was great fun! How exciting for you. :)