Monday, March 19, 2007

Goodbye, Nan.


My Nan passed away on Friday morning while I, my Mum Sue, my Aunty Di & my cousin Kerri sat by her side. Tomorrow is her funeral. I will be putting her dedicated copy of the book and a personal letter I wrote to her today in her coffin. (Coffin is such an awful word.) She always told me I'd grow up to illustrate Children's books.
Thanks Nan for the endless squiggles you used to do for me to finish off, the big cold glasses of apple juice, always having a supply of chocolates, having a great sense of humour, making me feel special and always making me feel like I could tell you anything. You've finally gone to join Pa. He's been waiting for you.
-------------------
I'll be back in action creatively next week. Take care all :)

13 comments:

Kate said...

I am so sorry, it is so hard to lose a grandparent. I'm glad you have such lovely memories.

sia said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your Nan's passing.
Good to know you have fond memories to cherish.

take care,

Sia

Anja said...

I´m sorry to hear that. Last Friday we buried my uncle. Today is my granfathers birthday and we have to celebrate in hospital ...

Delboys Daughter said...

From a quiet reader, I'm sorry for your loss.

cathygaubert said...

julie, my heart goes out to you. all of my grandparents are gone now, and there is not a day that goes by that i don't think of them. i, too, feel so fotunate to have such lovely memories of time spent, but it is still hard. and your book...how bittersweet for you!
xo,
cathy

Renee Alam said...

Hi Julie,sorry to hear the sad news. :( I'm glad you have such great memories to pass down to others so that they will know how special she was to you. :)

Anna said...

Hi Julie,

I am sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts go out to you and your family. Take care during this sad time.

Anna

Jenn Maruska said...

I'll be thinking of you, Julie.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

Jenn

Jenn Maruska said...

I'll be thinking of you, Julie.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Jenn

tiel said...

best wishes to you and your family.

remember every moment you can.

:))

binny said...

ao sorry Jules, she sounded like the perfect nan.

Amy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was very fortunate to be surrounded by the people who love her most in her last hours. Take care.

Jules said...

I'm so sorry or your loss; sounds like you were there for her all the way. I hope all goes well.