Monday, March 05, 2007

Interactive project is here!

Ok, I've been plotting & scheming up a fun interactive project for a while now, and it's here today! I have no idea how this is going to work out, it could well be a total disaster, but I think it will be a fun process. What I'm going to do is an interactive painting, to your instructions, my beloved readers. Here's how I think it's going to work:
There will be ten stages until completion of the artwork. Each finished stage will be posted here and on my flickr page. Today I'm starting with stage zero. Then I'll take the first ten commands in the form of comments here on my blog and put them in a hat (or most likely a bowl of some sort!) and the one that I draw out is the command I shall follow. Then at the end of the whole thing, each ten comments from each ten stages will go into the hat-bowl and I shall draw out a winner who will be sent the painting as a prize!
Rules: Please post only one comment/suggestion per stage, but you may post a comment at each seperate stage if you wish. If anyone puts more than one suggestion per stage I will only use the first suggestion in each draw.
Comments on what to do can be specific or they can be vague. Examples of suggestions: Draw a dog with an overcoat/ cover the background in squares/ put a sticker on the painting/ paint a green cloud/ collage a whimsical tree.. Anything!!! Use your imagination! I'm interested to see how this is going to come out.
Here's stage zero (The image area is approx. 30 x 40cm or 11.75 x 15.75in):


Have fun! Depending on the outcome and it's popularity I may get prints made at the end incase any participants or anyone else for that matter would like a copy.
-----------------------------
Now I'm ending this post with something funny.. a little pic that my partner Jim did. I love these little characters, he's drawn them on a piece of paper with information that we need so every now and then I get to see them and have a bit of a laugh. He's one of those people that "can't draw" but I just love these guys- I think everyone can draw in their own little way. Don't you think!?

19 comments:

Valerie Jeanne said...

I'd like to see some leaves -- tree leaves, or whatever your favorite leaf is. Thank you. :)

Jenn Maruska said...

I would like to see a hedgehog in your interactive piece : )

Fun idea! Jenn

benconservato said...

I see a Tupaïa! (that is a lesser pigmy tree shree).

Renee Alam said...

I would like to see a cherry blossom tree.I can't wait to see the finished project! :)
Renee

futuregirl said...

This project is awesome! I'm going to wait to give directions until there's more there ... that's more my style. I did want to say that I love how Phil's mustache almost seems to be snot oozing out of his nose. Also, Morris could totally be a thumb.

mary beth said...

i see a giraffe...

cathygaubert said...

polka dots...there must be polka dots (on an elephant's rump would be rather cheeky!), anywhere and anyhow, really! and i so thought that morris actually was a thumb when i saw your pics on my flickr contact page. :)

Jules Knoblock said...

cool, just waiting for 2 more comments.. there's one on flickr.
Jim was thrilled that people commented on his drawings.. he feels a little famous now! I really made his day by putting those two guys on my blog.
I said Phil looks like someone who you'd see at the pub whenever you went there; and morris looks like the type of local guy that is always out the front of the post office or just hanging down the street somewhere!

Jules Knoblock said...

oops 3 more comments.. bring em on!

Anna said...

I would like to see a house. with a red roof.

ps. I agree with Futuregirl, morris does kinda look like a a thumb (you could try drawing him onto your thumb)He also kind of looks like my parent's neighbour....

tashina said...

I would like to see a border around the piece using a technique or medium that you have never used before. :)

dizzyjadey said...

How about a fence, made out of...um...yellow triangles! Hi! Great way to get your lurkers to come out.

bethany said...

I love Jim's drawings. He get's a lot of expression in the chins.

As for your project... if you aren't already started.... I say "it needs a bicycle.

Jules Knoblock said...

Bethany- thanks for your input but I've got my ten suggestions already.. come back for stage two!

Stage one has been drawn: renee alam's cherry blossom tree is the first instruction!

Thankyou to everyone for your suggestions :)

binny said...

ahhhh i'm too slow!!! great idea thought Jules

Sweet Pea said...

A bird on a unicycle :)

Green Kitchen said...

You could call this project The Ten Commentments. ;)

Marieke said...

Oh what a fun project!!!

A hot air balloon, wouldn't that be fun????

Jules Knoblock said...

there are only ten suggestions at each stage. Suggestions for this stage have now ended.. try the next one!!