Thursday, March 29, 2007

Interactive Project- Stage 4 done!


Stage 4 of the interactive project is complete! I got Jim to draw this stage out of the hat (ok, the margarine tub) and niina's spotted mini flying elephants were picked out. (Do you think they're mini? They're smaller than normal though, hey?) I love polka dots, circles and spots so I was happy to do this one! By the way Niina, I saw those cute little elephant mugs on your blog- is this where your inspiration came from for the suggestion? Did you know- every time I go shopping at Safeway I see those mugs and am always tempted to get them. I don't need any more mugs but they are so damn cute I might just have to get them! They're a good size too.

I now need another 10 suggestions. Click here if you'd like detailed instructions of this project. Some important things to keep in mind:

  • I need ten suggestions only in the form of comments on this post for the next stage.

  • Every comment from each stage goes into the draw to win the final completed painting.

  • If you don't have a link in your comment I can't contact you if you win, so if this is the case, send me an email to tell me the name you commented under. Then I'll have your email address. (Used strictly for the purposes of this project only.)

  • Remember you don't have to suggest an item for me to paint, you could tell me to do some sort of pattern, write something on it, use collage, draw something in outlines, glue some sewn felt birds on.. whatever!! Let your imagination run wild.

  • Have fun!
  • 16 comments:

    kat coyle said...

    hmm, i say a tent, maybe a striped one.

    cathygaubert said...

    so glad to see you back (+ you've been mighty prolific while you were "gone")! and i adore the polkadotted elephants; i'm so happy to see that they made it into the picture.
    how about some lovely green leaves on the tree? felt leaves would be a nice 3-D touch (thanks for the hint). in fact, i've just finished sewing felt leaves onto a tree for the paperbag swag swap that i am a part of. now i need to go and take some pictures, too. :)

    Jenn Maruska said...

    How about a short written poem about the elephants - as if that is what the little blue guys are listening to. Just a couple lines, hand written. : ) Jenn

    Jenn Maruska said...

    And it's good to have you back, Jules : ) I know you've been very busy...but you've been missed! : )

    michelle said...

    coming along lovely, how about some embroidery? maybe some embroidered clouds?

    Anna said...

    Hi Julie,

    Its great to see you back in action- the flying elephants are adorable! (I wonder if they will influence the next stage in my embroidery...?) I think mad animals are great... how about a frog prince somewhere? (my niece has got some tadpoles, so I'm thinking frogs at the moment.)

    Anna

    Renee :) said...

    Hi Julie,
    congrats on the engagement ring.also,cute updated pic...my 8 year old daughter says she wants to see some flowers growing...red,blue & pink ones,to be exact.I will add to that, that I would like to see the flowers made with buttons. :)
    Renee

    dizzyjadey said...

    Those elephants look so cute! How about some squirrels in trousers and hats, listening in?

    dizzyjadey said...

    Those elephants look so cute! How about some squirrels in trousers and hats listening in?

    Niina said...

    Yay my elephants got picked!! They look so lovely :D

    You should so get those mugs from Safeway! They make drinking tea just a little bit better than from a plain mug :)

    Anonymous said...

    Mushrooms or toadstools :)



    Mumma Ruthie

    tinley @ e-wire.net.au

    Jules Knoblock said...

    I'm waitng on 2 more suggestions!....

    Switchsky said...

    How about some thread stitched in...

    Ammon said...

    I vote for a sun in the upper right. I think that a good sun might have polka-dots of different shades of yellow (or orange) and polka-dot rays.

    The interactive painting was a great idea!

    Jules Knoblock said...

    ok, that's 10! Thanks :) Check back soon to see the next stage and make more suggestions.

    Jafar said...

    WOW...Beauiful warm colours and supercute style...very unique!