Monday, April 02, 2007

Oceanic


"Oceanic" is a muse on the subconcious thoughts that we have which are expansive & endless. It's all done digitally with scanned in hand painted texture and an endpaper from an old biology book. These effects give it a hand printed old look. You can find it as a print in the shop as of now.

I did this piece over the weekend. This weekend is going down in history as one of the best weekends in my life. We didn't do anything fantastically brilliant, though I was just in a good mood, I did some artwork that I enjoyed doing, and we took the dogs to the beach. It was great. The day was beautiful, the sky was blue, the view on the drive there and back was magnificent and we had our own little section of beach all to ourselves for the whole time we were there. That was good because it meant I didn't have to worry about the dogs annoying anyone. It was so great to see how much fun they had.. even if they did drink too much salt water!





9 comments:

futuregirl said...

You guys sure do *look* like you're having the best week ever! :)

Nina said...

Aaaahh.. Your dogs are just lovely! Im guessing Forster and Kelpie?

Jules Knoblock said...

What's forster? Bender the (black one) is a doberman x rottweiler & Leela is a pure doberman. :)

Anna said...

... and the dog's names are pure Futurama (I'm guessing someone is a fan!)- who named them? (just out of curiosity..)

Jules Knoblock said...

We both did. Yep futurama is huge in this household. Love it!

Frizz said...

Dog fun - yay!

Jules Knoblock said...

Frizz from http://frizzillustration.blogspot.com wrote:

"Dog fun - yay!"

But I have switched to the new version of blogger and I couldn't publish it..

Jenn Maruska said...

I just got my print today, Jules and it is lovely - we are so happy with it!

: ) Jenn

benconservato said...

Ahh, dgs with sand up their noses! How I miss that... and seeing the beach (particularly an Australian one). Sounds like you had a lovely time. Are you trying to tempt us to buy more stuff! You are succeeding!