Sunday, April 01, 2007

"Snap" Illustration Friday


As soon as I saw this week's topic this image came into my head. It's done in my beloved moleskine sketch book. I stuck scotch tape all over the pages as I love how the coloured pencil looks really dark upon it, plus the edges of the tape also give the surface an interesting texture. I'm really getting into simplified designs & limited colours lately to give more focus to the subject matter & the techniques used.
------------------------------

Wanna win a painting!? I'm still waiting for two more suggestions for my interactive project.

13 comments:

kat coyle said...

oh i love this, good by memories. sniff.

Ammon said...

I hipe that you didn't forget all of the money you owe me...

Very fun work!

Oscar said...

I like this!

Graham McArthur said...

Hi Jules, aren't molskinnes delicious!! and so is yiur lovely illo. Great stuff and I love your blog.
Best wishes, Graham

Michelle Lana said...

Very cool-

Kimbu said...

Great idea. Like it

Linda said...

Very cool. A little piece of fine art.

Honor Bowden said...

Really like your idea. The single colour works really well.

Kathleen Rietz said...

I love the memories...I see my parakeet Rex in there...SWEET! This is such a great illo. The expression and the limited color palette. So nice. I am realy liking this.
-kate

mrs. b. said...

adorably simple and a clever idea!

Sweet Pea said...

Love it - so simple and strong :)

Sweet Pea said...

Love it - so simple and strong :)

inaluxe said...

this is awesome... I'm gonna check your shop and see if you have any for sale... :)