Monday, May 21, 2007

Mail Me Art


Here's my submission for the mail me art project. I'm happy it didn't get lost along the way, it had to travel so far! I started this one night when I woke up at 3am with ideas and images flowing through my head (a frequent though sporadic occurrence for me).. it then sat on the end of my desk for a while before I got sick of the sight of it and decided to finish it and post it off. Quite strange taking a piece of art to the post office and handing it in. It did get a second take from the woman behind the counter. I like how this project makes postal workers interact with artworks, making art accessible and bringing it to a down-to-earth tactile level.

9 comments:

joanne said...

looks fantastic

jim bradshaw said...

I saw this on mailmeart and love it here as much as over there. You have such a great style Julie. BTW: I am so glad you said that about wakeing up late with ideas and images rolling through your head. It's nice to know that I am not the only one this happens to. I love it and hate it at the same time. I especially hate it when I have to go to work in the morning and I got to bed late to begin with.

Breadwig said...

Love your work. And your blog header, brilliant!

annalaura said...

This is great! I love you signature and I was also wondering if it really was empty!

Jules Knoblock said...

Yep, t'is empty :)

Abby Creek Art said...

I wish I was GETTING this in the mail!!

sheeps clothing said...

The old trout that runs my local post office would not be amused. As for me, I think its fantastic!

Anna said...

that is so cool! I really love the idea of mail me art, but don't want to add to my (growing) list of projects! :)

Robyn said...

Ooooh I love this!