Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunday Doodling


It's a lovely day here in Warragul today. A great day to relax and do some "free-time" artwork. Recurring themes in my sketches lately are circles, trees, birds, horses and oblong shapes (amoung other things). It's funny to see how my sketches and doodles evolve over time; I was recently looking back through some old sketch books, and while there are still style similarities there are obvious changes. I can also remember what I was feeling like at that time of my life.
I had an urge to draw an alpaca today (as we drove past a sign saying "Alpaca Farm") so I intend to do some of that today too. No pressure though, it is after all a day of rest!

Also, I have recently discovered two absolutely fantastic tv shows which have caught my eye and my twisted sense of humour. Darkplace, and the Aussie home grown Wilfred. I now have an optimistic view that there are quality shows on tv, after all. SBS knows where it's at!

I'm going to enjoy the rest of my Sunday now, I've got some more news and stuff coming to you soon.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Oh alpacas and llamas are sooo cute. I think they are up there with camels for facial expressions!
Its interesting to see how your work evolves. I'm still amused by the drawings i did for my first fashion competition when I was about 14 or 15- they bear very little relation to my sketches today. Ditto (kind of) for work produced when I was at uni.

jim bradshaw said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the day of rest. I think I will go hit my sketch book too. Your stuff is very inspiring.

Abby Creek Art said...

I love this one, Julie. Beautiful composition!