Monday, June 18, 2007

New Bling!!


Ok, so after almost two years of being engaged (though we've been together for around 12 years) we finally made it official with a ring. How lucky we are to be friends with the talented Dave Parker! I decided on a traditional diamond, though within a modern design. It's amazing I've got any work done today as I can't stop looking at it. My photo really doesn't do it justice either. Check out a professional shot of a similar version of this ring here. Also check out the Peridot Screw Ring, which I'm lucky enough to also own!

Does this mean I have to start acting all grown-up and mature now!?

Oh, and thanks a heap for all the tree love on my previous post, I'll continue being a tree hugger in life and art.

8 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!!! : )

I like those rings because they look like they wouldn't snag on things - great design!

: ) So happy for you!

(Josh and I were together for 9 years before we got married)

Anna said...

And I had just posted about making jewellery then saw this...!

Congratulations! That is so exciting! And what a lovely ring! (I'd be distracted too!)

joanne said...

congratulations - love your bling!

futuregirl said...

Julie! That ring is amazing. All of Dave Parker's stuff is simply beautiful. You are totally lucky that you know him. Good choice!

binny said...

ohhh how exciting Jules!! :) Lovely!

Sally said...

Yay! Congratulations! Beautiful ring! Much happiness for you!

Chickengirl said...

oohhh I really like this ring...very gorgeous and modern. a BIG congrats!

Lauren said...

Congrats Jules!! very bling bling :)