Saturday, June 23, 2007

Stage 7 Complete!

Of my interactive project. Only three more stages to go! Want to have a say in what I paint next? You can be my art director! Read all the details in the link, then leave your suggestion in the form of a comment in the comments section. Be as wild and wacky as you like. I take the first ten suggestions and randomly draw out one. ALL suggestions from each stage go in the draw to win the final completed painting.

Remember too for all you stitchy suggesting people that it's on a bit of wood, so any hand stitching stuff will have to be glued on.


So this time I painted a spaceship by request of Jim Bradshaw. It's a looooove spaceship, pumping out lovey- dovey hearts wherever it goes. I had about four spaceship's drawn in, pumping their little hearts all about town, but thought I'd better leave some space for the next three stages! It's been a long process, but then again sometimes painting is. Any of you who have been following me and know me well know that I go through many stages where I don't feel any inspiration to paint, and I have been feeling like that the past week. Anyway, enough of that mind-junk...

Here's a detail close-up:


This painting is taking on a life of it's own I think. At the moment I feel that all the images are coming from the story being read and the little kid's imagination. It's almost as if the further the reader gets through the book, the more of the story we are shown.

Until next time...

16 comments:

janealt said...

Make a tidal wave - a wall of water that takes them all unawares.

kat coyle said...

a little tree house on one of the tree branches

dizzyjadey said...

How about some monkeys with parachutes for next? Its looking really cute.

Jules Knoblock said...

on behalf of Jenn Maruska:

My comment is: "How about a shimmery castle off in the distance? Something ghostly and faint. I love the painting so far! : )"

mushroommeadows said...

Hm...a sleeping coffee bean, in the corner all snug. :)

Mumma Ruthie said...

Wow! Looking good! I would like to see a hedgehog standing on one leg on the littlest mountain :)

Anna said...

I like the idea that things are kind of coming alive from the book for the children, so I am suggesting a charater from a book (The Life of Pi)I have just finished- a tiger (by the name of Richard Parker- I like the fact that the tiger had a very English sounding name)

The painting is looking great- its just so neat to see something developing, rather than just a finished artwork :)

lisa said...

may i say, this is too awesome?

syko kajsa said...

I loove the space ship! I would like to see a rainbow of some kind on your painting!

annejulie said...

oooh! just discovered your blog today! I feel I have to put you in my favourite links, love your stuff for ages on Etsy :D

TR said...

Really fun stuff here. I'll write a link feature on you!
zacsmom

cathygaubert said...

it really is fantastic! thanks for the word on the wood aspect of it. i was thinking that it was on canvas. i would still love to see some leaves, maybe felt or fabric, cut out and stitched onto a piece of text or something of that sort and then adhered to the tree? does that make sense?? oh, and that ring is just incredibly bling-y, in a good way! :)

Renee :) said...

Oh no,I hope we are not too late to post a suggestion,we try to keep watching your blog for updates but have been busy.Anyways,since all 3 of my girls have made suggestions already,it will be my turn now. :) How about a fairy godmother in a long flowing dress in the top right waving her magic wand as if she is the one who has made the story come alive. ;)

Jules Knoblock said...

Just made it Renee... you're number 10! :)
That's all the suggestions I'm taking for this stage, so if you want to make a suggestion you'll have to wait for the next one :)

Anonymous said...

Oh! I *LOVE* the rainbow idea!!!

jim bradshaw said...

I love your love spaceship. This painting is too much fun.