Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Burden Print


This new print "Burden" is in tummyache as of now which you can find here. This is a piece I finished recently. The girl pulling the tree along was actually drawn for an illustration job I'm working on and I liked it so much that I decided to utilise it in an artwork. Even though it is a picture with sad connotations, I think it also has a soothing feel to it.

My new set-up in the studio is all in place now. My new large printer is all set-up and sitting happily in the corner. I'll be able to print up to A2 sized prints in the future. For now I will be aiming for some A3 sized numbers. I'm still working on a series of work for prints that I will hopefully have ready next week.

And one more comment for the interactive project! That's all I'm waiting on, so if you think you'd like to be involved and have a chance to win a painting leave your comment here. I just need one more!

4 comments:

jim bradshaw said...

My interpretation wasn't so sad. It looked like she was taking the little tree to it's new home. And they seem to be solemnly enjoying the moment together. And yes, it is calming.

joanne said...

that is gorgeous! so nice to hear your thoughts behind it..

Binny Talib said...

Hi Jules, thanks for your kind words at my blog re: my dog Charlie, I have been having a rest from technology and just read it. Loving your painting, my suggestion is a fox eating a cupcake. Binny :)

Anja said...

Love this, although it is a very sad work.