Sunday, July 29, 2007

Interactive Project Finished & the Winner Announced!

The last stage of my interactive project! The interactive project was a little brain child I had going over the last few months. I had my blog readers give me suggestions for the painting at the end of each stage, and I would randomly pick one out of a hat which would tell me what I had to do for the next stage.
I'd like to thank everyone that took part in this project which helped make it a lot of fun and definitely a very interesting adventure! I know many of you have been following the progress faithfully, so I thank you for that too, and all of your lovely comments, suggestions and emails :)

So, here it is, finally. The last stage as suggested by Helen who requested a sun with some rays to warm up the background. So I added in a subtle sun, not sure if it's completely warming, but it's a sun all the same. It reminds me of a winter sun shining through the clouds. I then signed and glossed the painting to finish it all up. Here's a close-up of the tenth stage:


And here, from start to finish is a sequence of all of the stages. Such fun to see them all together, stage by stage (and just fyi, the painting measures approx 15.5 x 12 inches):




















Now, I was too nervous to draw out the winner for the whole project... so I got Jim to do it! All 100 suggestions from each stage were put together to draw out the final winner that was to be the new owner of this artwork.

Drum roll, please... AND THE WINNER IS... DIZZYJADEY!! Congratulations dizzyjadey, I have sent you an email to notify you and request your address :)

Once again a big thank you to all for making this project a success. It was so much fun. If you do want to have a piece of this project to own I'll be offering prints of it with the details to follow very soon. I wish I could clone it and send an original to everyone, I'm feeling bad for the people who I know would have loved to own it!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone. I'm leaving now with a sense of satisfaction of a finished project. I think good food, wine & a trip to the video shop is in order!
xx

10 comments:

dizzyjadey said...

Hi Julie! I read your email then hurried over to your blog....and the painting is so pretty, quirky, whimsical and just my cup of tea. Thanks again! I've emailed you my address.

Kate said...

It is amazing - what a great piece and a wonderful project!

kat coyle said...

wow. well that was a lot of fun. It's great to see it in all it's stages, and I love the finished painting. Bravo!

Renee :) said...

Congrats to the winner!It was so fun watching this,especially since we had 3 of our ideas choosen,so the girls were really excited about that! :) I hope we can find more interactive projects like these as they are really fun to watch the transformations take place...it could have been a happy picture,sad picture,anything & it still can be whatever the owner of this painting imagines it to be.Great job Julie!

Anna said...

Fantastic! The sun just does the trick! It has been great to see this work develop over time- what a great idea! I think the goodies, wine and videos are overdue! :)

syko kajsa said...

So fun to see it finished, I have enjoyed following your project! I even got so inspired that I thought I would try it out on my own blog, although in fabric and thread. I hope it's ok, I have linked back to your blog:

http://sykossa.blogspot.com/2007/07/interactive-project-for-you-and-me.html

Helen said...

I love the sun! I'm so excited my suggestion was chosen. I'm very jealous of dizzyjadey! (Congratulations!)

Thanks, Julie, for including us all in this project!

Anina said...

Amazing! What a wonderful idea!

enigma said...

what a super idea!! great painting!!

jim bradshaw said...

I agree with all the above. Wonderful job Julie. It was a fun creative ride. Thanks for taking us along.