Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Stage 8 Complete


Promise kept! A new update within the week.
I plan on doing the last two stages for this project in the next two weeks. One stage per week. If you are unfamiliar with this project you can read up on it here.
I must admit that when I picked out Janealt's suggestion for a tidal wave I was a bit stumped as to how to include it in. I thought that a tidal wave would bring doom and gloom to an otherwise magical looking painting (which is how it is seeming to evolve), so there was another challenge. So in solution to this suggestion I have made the most non-imposing magical looking tidal wave I could muster.. complete with turquoise blue water reminiscent of an island holiday with glorious sparkles. You just know that this wave wouldn't want to hurt a fly, and would possibly sweep through leaving sparkles on everything. Right? Well, you can make up your own story if you wish, but I'm sticking with that one!
It could also be a mythological wave. Just throwing some suggestions out there. Art is best interpreted by the beholder.
So, two more stages left, and now I need another ten suggestions for the next stage. Best put your thinking caps on!

13 comments:

dizzyjadey said...

I love the tidal wave! Can we please have some small forest creatures listening in on the story, too?

Chickengirl said...

Some flying fish coming out of the tidal wave would be the best!

This painting is looking good! :-)

Jenn Maruska said...

Lovely!

I was also thinking of some little flying fish above the water - but perhaps open to interpretation... maybe they are half fish/half birds. Or they change into birds. Or they change into elephants!

: )

Anonymous said...

Pink dolphins (from the Amazon) leaping out of the wave :)

Mumma Ruthie

cathygaubert said...

how about a horse or two, flying or otherwise, or maybe with a fishtail to swim in the wave? i'm on vacation, but so happy that i weasled my way into a moment on the internet...it is looking so very incredible, jules!

jim bradshaw said...

The way you interpret stuff is amazing. I love your wave and your thinking. How about a sailboat?

kat coyle said...

Your tidal wave is waving at us in a very friendly way. I like it!
How about adding a seagull or two?

Abby Creek Art said...

Nice Julie, love the flying elephants!

Anna said...

Hi, your wave does indeed have a magical sparkle about it- a very challenging one to add! :)
What about a rowboat teetering on the wave??

Anna

ps. when you finish this you should show all of the stages on your blog- that would be really cool :)

tiel said...

ummm, something is waiting to appear in the top right hand side. But what? I'd like to see another human figure coming in on top of the wave. Something needs to link the girl and alien boy in the bubble. What about a cowboy or cowgirl?

tell me Julie, do your dreams resemble anything like your images? If so they must be great.

syko kajsa said...

It's coming up great! I think a person sitting in/on a flying object would look great in the right corner...

Jules Knoblock said...

..and that makes ten suggestions!
Thanks everyone.. and tiel, I have very, very strange dreams.. and unfortunately alot of bad dreams, I don't know why.. maybe I eat too much cheese!?

Michelle said...

Hey Jules,

Just wanted to say I just got your magnet that I bought from you on etsy - love it, love it, love it :-) It now has pride of place on my fridge. And that was probably THE best packaged item I've ever received in the mail - very cool.

Michelle