Sunday, August 12, 2007

New Print, Jim in Texas, Hangover, Food.


This poor girl! She truly is a misfit. Haven't we all felt like her from time to time!?
This little darling popped into my head this morning and asked to be drawn. Thought you might also like to see the sketch/ idea I initially did for this piece in the back of my diary. I know people love process shots...


This new print is available in tummyache as of now.

My man's in Texas! I am alone for three whole weeks! I may literally go crazy from isolation. What to do what to do. I have so much work on so I'm going to try to get mountains worth of stuff done. Though you know what? I am looking forward to watching whatever TV shows I want. Jim doesn't go for trashy shows like idol, big brother and all the rest of that crap, but sometimes I just like to turn the brain off and soak up a bit of nonsense. I'm also going to try to not have any alcohol for the whole time. I am nursing a hangover today and feeling slightly shamed from the amount of junk that comes out of my mouth when myself, parties and wine are mixed. Not that I did anything embarrassing; it's just thinking about drunken banter when you're sober isn't pleasant! And I wasn't even planning on drinking much.

Oh well. Time to go and cook some pasta, and I'm indulging in some butterscotch pudding with ice cream after that.. :)

(One more thing. I'm still working on the series of artwork destined for prints. I know I said they'd be ready but they are taking a little longer than expected, & I want to get them just right.)

8 comments:

Anja said...

Great!!!

jim bradshaw said...

Great deep sea feeling on this one Julie.

Danidoodle said...

Hi there. I saw some of your stuff on ETSY and really like your style. Just thought I'd tell you that. :) Have a nice day...

Daniela
U.S.A.

Mariska said...

Love it, such nice colors!

Steffi said...

Very beautiful!I love it and nice colores!

Greetings,Steffi

Rrramone said...

I'm digging the red headed octopus!!

Anja said...

Hi Julie. You have been nominated. Please visit my blog.

Jules said...

She's great. Sorry bout the hangover!