Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The First Necklace Hits The Shelves..



So, this is an example of the necklaces I have been making recently. The process uses resin. I have been having good and bad times with resin. I always get scared using products that have a finality about them. For instance, once it's poured on, you can't make a mistake or else it's ruined. Anyway, I'm getting to know how the resin works, and practise makes perfect.
I made a batch recently that I entirely botched. It ended up with me being completely frustrated, my hands covered in resin (and I couldn't find anything to get it off), and the whole batch went into the bin! Live and learn! So, I went and got a tool that helped with the resin process. A nifty little butane torch that you glide over the top and it pops all of the little bubbles. Brilliant!

Above is the "Wandering Horse" design. You can find it in the shop here.

Here's a sneak preview of some other designs in the making on my messy desk. This is before I add the resin to them. The resin is now added and they'll be finished off tomorrow.


5 comments:

Kate said...

Great necklaces!

Anja said...

Beautiful.

futuregirl said...

It looks like all the frustration will be worth it ... these necklaces are gorgeous!

Jenn Maruska said...

Hey - those are really cool!

Let us know when you get more in the shop! : )

Sarah said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the horse necklace. It is so pretty and funny and cute and the horse's legs and posture make me laugh, in a good way! I'm getting one man!!!