Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wednesday Art


I think it's been a while since I've shown any drawings or paintings just for the heck of it here on my blog. So here's one today. My Mum likes this one because she reckons she says that all the time. A common phrase for me would be, "Oh for f&*^s sake!" I can't help it, I'm addicted to it. Naughty words. I'm a bit of a swearer I'm afraid to admit!
Anyway, this pic is on smooth water colour paper, my absolute favourite of water colour papers. I get annoyed with texture on papers, boards & canvasses and much prefer to make my own texture using paints. So I used paints, a bit of coloured pencil and some pen. The pen ink seeped just a tad into the paper which was a happy surprise as it gave it an aged look which I liked.

I am working on some special top secret projects at the moment, which will involve some of my craft & art work being in books. I'm quite excited about this, as normally I do illustrations for publications to what other people specify; I can't remember having much of my own personal work in publications. Especially my craft work, so that will be a first. My lips are sealed tightly at the moment, though don't hold your breath! I'm not sure when these things will eventuate, but when they do, I'll be sure to blog about them here.

So now I'm off to do some more crafting for these projects... I'm in a positive motivated frame of mind today which must be taken advantage of!

2 comments:

Daisy Edwards said...

Gorgeous! I love the colours and movement in the piece

Daisy Edwards said...

Gorgeous! I love the colours and movement in the piece