Friday, May 02, 2008

Announcement!

Introducing to you a little mini version of Jimbo and me! The time has come for the "public" announcement, even though most of my family, friends and pets and their families and friends and pets know about it. I found it hard to keep my mouth shut about such a huge thing so I basically blabbed the news to many people!
We have hit the 12 week mark and the little munchkin is due on the 9th of November.
A big fat congratulations to Sally from Georgie Love too for her news and can you believe it, we are due at the same time!!? Plus, I even bought this tile that she wants, I thought that was an extra funny little coincidence! (It's awesome in real life, by the way- and from misterrob.)


Back to the baby news!! We had our ultrasound yesterday and I giggled through the whole thing. We've got a dvd of it and so far I have watched it numerous times. Every time I woke up last night I thought about how bizarre it was that I have this little thing living and kicking around inside me! It truly is going to take a while for my brain to wrap it's self around this fact. And you know when you find a new hobby or something you really had fun doing and you wake up the next day and think, yes, I'm going to do that again today and you're all excited? Well, that's how I felt about watching the dvd again.

So this is why I've moved back to the country, and also why I have made up my mind to really focus on my own art and craftiness for the next 6 months instead of doing heaps of illustration work. I am so excited about taking some time to really find my own inspiration again and follow through my artistic urges (which are taken over at the moment by illustration work) and also make some baby clothes, toys and quilts. Not to mention the fact that I'm dying to get into the garden and grow some veggies but I just haven't had the time.

And blogging! More blogging!

25 comments:

Georgie Love said...

SUSPICIONS CONFIRMED!! Hooray!!!! :-D SUCH AWESOME news! A huge congratulations to you and Jimbo and I am glad everything is going along so well. :-D

We've had two ultrasounds and the first one did the due date (that I use) of 8 November, but the second one dated it at 9 November, so we are pretty much due to pop at the same date! It will be a race to the finish line. ;-)

AND I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU BOUGHT THE TILE.

I am so, so excited for you! We will definitely have to catch up for a peppermint tea or chai now. YAY!

xox

Green Kitchen said...

Congratulations! It's truly wonderful to see that first ultrasound. It's the only time I've ever walked around in public with a silly and huge grin on my face. It's such a cool thing.

lil kim said...

WOW, CONGRATS JULES!!!! That's so wonderful!! I was wondering why the quick move back to the country but it all makes sense. What an amazing journey you are on now... enjoy it, i would think it is a very magical time, and I'm sure it will give you loads of inspiration for your own art.... xx

zime said...

Congrats Julie!! We must to celebrate the life!!! It's like a miracle, isn't it?
(^v^)

Christiane said...

Congratulations! :o)
and moving back to the country sounds like a very good thing, too!

leslie said...

congratulations!! and welcome to the pregnancy club, it's an exciting and wonderful place to be (and sooooo much fun to make baby stuff!)

futuregirl said...

This is wonderful news, Julie! Congratulations. Yay! :)

Jenn Maruska said...

YAY! Congratulations!!!!! : D

Kate said...

Congratulations!! Fantastic news.

natascha said...

Congratulations! This is a beautiful new!

pippijoe said...

Congratulations!! Another exceptional creation!

Anja said...

Congratulations Julie. I wish you all the best!!!

Chickengirl said...

WoW! Big Congrats!!!

Anna Lloyd said...

Congratulations!! Amazing news, welcome to the ride of your life! I hope you have an enjoyable and healthy pregnancy, I loved it! And there is nothing like seeing the smile of your own child. :)

Frizz said...

Congrats! You are on a brand new adventure - enjoy!!

tiel said...

oh this is fantastic news. congrats to you all. can't wait to see how the whole pregnancy/motherhood changes your art and craft. You will be so inspired by things you wouldn't normally look at.

Rrramone said...

That naughty illo is hilarious!!!

Anna said...

Congratulations! This is so exciting for you and Jimbo. I think that you would make a great mum!

Katrine K said...

Congratulations! Wish you and the little one all the best!

Danielle said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news... :-)

Amy@Pikaland said...

OMG!
Congratulations to you and yours Julie! This is fantastic news and I'm wishing you all the best. :D

Hugs,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - baby things are so much fun to make...burp cloths (cloth diapers) with ribbon trim - or your fab designs with the baby's name on it, fleece blanket with the baby's name (to see what I'm talking about, go to www.littlemoonjumper.com, ohh, onesies with your own designs embroidered on (I used to cross stitch ducks and airplanes and things like that - boring - I could see your octopus on one - too cute), thermal blankets, diaper bags, there are so many things!!!

Making stuff is the fun part, then it's work, work, work for a couple of months, then it gets fun again.

www.pbchick.com

kirsten said...

a huge congratulations and trust your pregnancy continues as well as it has so far.
it'll rock your world forever. :)
best, best wishes.

binny Talib said...

Jules, that is great :) Congratulations, what a lucky baby you can make it so many cool toys, my second is due in aug, i look forward to swapping notes on life as an illustrator/artist and mother with you :) binny

benconservato said...

Congratulations Madame!
You sound extremely happy, and this is a very good thing. Work hard! Your house looks perfect.