Friday, June 20, 2008

It's a...


Well, we had our 19 week ultrasound and all seems to be good and normal and healthy. The ultrasound guy kept saying things like "excellent", "fantastic" & "beautiful" all throughout the scan which are exactly the words you want to hear during an ultrasound!

So here's a pic so far. And below that is a pic of her little hand. We were happy to see she has all her fingers :)



So I think this is going to make shopping easier, and crafting, as I can now add things like cute little strawberries and stuff to her outfits. Yay! In celebration I spoilt myself (really the shopping is all about me at this stage!) by buying these things from Baby's Got Style. I figured I deserved a bit of a splurge. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the cd as much as bub will too. And I guess the funny looking green giraffe will be my first official gift to my daughter. "My daughter." Wow.



I'd like to officially congratulate Sally on her recent finding-out news too who has been sharing her journey with me via the internet as we are basically both due at the same time! It's been awesome to have someone to email about all the little things that are going on, so thanks for putting up with me Sal, and I'm glad you got all impatient and jealous and rescheduled your ultrasound... if not she'd still be waiting now!

Sally, of course, is the owner of the online shop Georgie Love where you can find some of my arty and crafty stuff including these brand new birdy themed items. The direct link to my Georgie Love page is here.




So I shall leave you with that lot for today. I'm glad it's Friday. We've got my brother's birthday to go to on the weekend and he'll be turning the ripe old age of 26. I'm thinking of making him a white chocolate birthday cake (as he has this weird opposition against the normal brown milk chocolate variety desserts) but at this stage, thinking is as far as I've got. Hopefully I wont run out of time to do it. Have a great weekend all!

8 comments:

Georgie Love said...

Yay! Love the baby pics and her little "hands up" pose! Such a relief that our babies are perfect! I think I did a big exhale on that day.

We got a dvd this time and I have watched it a few times, because it's so funny. She is SO active and is dancing around in there, kicking and waving. :-D I love seeing it.

I LOVE Baby's Got Style! I have started a very wee collection of odd and quirky stuffed toys for baby too - there are some gorgeous things out there. We caved and bought our crib/change table last night too... a too good sale we found.

and THANK YOU! Right back at you! (but I still think you need the occasional pancakes!) :-)

xoxo

leslie said...

yay! congrats on the girl news, it really does make it so much more fun to buy and plan - although i live in fear now that my daughter, due in 5 weeks, is instead going to come out a son and have to wear an awful lot of cute dresses...

Caroline said...

Oh congratulations!!

I'm 13 weeks, and anxiously awaiting our next ultrasound. It is the strangest most wonderful thing I've experienced in my life.

Good luck--I look forward to reading more. :)

lil kim said...

Hooray! A girl! That is so great. It looks like she's got some good artist fingers on her too!

Lauren said...

Congratulations!! How exciting, a girl!! :)

natascha said...

A girl!!! Yupeeeeeeeeeeee.... congratulations!

Johanna Rose said...

Congratulations! Sigh, wish I could have a baby...

I do love your birdy bag though!

manda said...

hi, ive been reading your blog for awhile now...and just returned to find out you are having a baby girl! so so very exciting for you both. what a cute little hand :-)