Thursday, June 12, 2008

New Print- Happiness

God I'm so happy lately it's enough to make one sick. It's even coming through in my art. It must be due to pregnancy hormones and the fresh country air. And maybe just a little bit of madness too.

A new print in the shop, finally! Now that I HAVE finished all my illustration work I am keeping my promise to do some more arty stuff, and it's starting up again with this piece. About... happiness. I hope this brightens your day. It's about being happy with what you've got, and these are sometimes simple things. So take heed. What's something simple you have that makes you happy? At the moment mine is a garden... I got out in it yesterday and repotted some plants and tidied some things up and it felt fantastic.

There is a green or pink version of this print, I couldn't decide which one I liked better. I liked the green one a touch more I think, but Jim was smitten with the pink one. So I thought I'd list both. Simple. So, pink:


Or green:


Baby update: I've been feeling little taps coming from inside of me... baby is still alive! It so weird to be pregnant. I'm so sorry if I ramble on about it but truly it's the biggest thing that's ever happened to me. I was never a baby person before, but I'm fast becoming one. It's so strange that it's now my turn to be pregnant. I mean, astronauts fly into space all the time, and I think, bah.. no big deal.. but when it actually happens to you it's really quite amazing and just as scary and new as flying into space!

I've got another ultrasound on Monday so hopefully we'll be finding out if it's a boy or a girl... I can't wait.

7 comments:

futuregirl said...

I love them both, too! Although, I'm a little more smitten with the pink one. Revel in the happiness!

Georgie Love said...

I am smitten with the pink! Save me one till payday! :-)

For the Emerald Knoblock collection of works. Sheesh!!!

lil kim said...

You're one happy girl, as you should be! Fantastic that you've finished your 'work' - looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the next few months!
and I'm not a big pink person, but in this case i like it!

Jenn Maruska said...

Love the new artwork! Yay!

And I'm so, so happy for you that you're expecting : )

All the best, Jenn

suz said...

oh happy! tx julie suz

Victoria said...

Oh goodness, I like them both! Now I know why the birdies out side my window sing so loudly, they are just happy to have feathers!

And congratulations on your pregnancy. It is an amazing thing to experience! How can one possibly experience all the various miraculous, wild and weird changes and not be filled with mind blowing awe!

Amy@Pikaland said...

I love the pink one! :)
And I think it's fantastic to hear more about the baby - the countryside sure does wonders for the spirit.