Friday, July 04, 2008

Organisation Time

Well, what have I been up to? Clearing clutter, organising, cleaning and all that sort of stuff. I have a hard time with clutter, and I have sooooo much stuff to go through. I find it hard to throw things out and have been trying to be ruthless. I was reading an article recently in a magazine whilst in the doctors waiting room which was exaclty about clearing clutter. I know all the advice such as "have you used it in the past year?" but a new sentence that grabbed me and I'm trying to keep in mind throughout this task is "will I miss it?" Which I think is a good one. And when I finally DO bite the bullet and throw stuff out that I really don't need it makes way for some decorating efforts. Here is a corner of our bedroom that I have been working on... the baby's corner!


I am still working on the bedroom and have got new cushions to sew up and I also just bought a heap of fancy storage boxes from Ikea so that our stuff can be stored stylishly. And for the bed, I think I want to make a patchwork quilt. Or I could just buy this one that I have fallen in love with! Can someone please tell me why we don't have an awesome store like Anthropologie here in oz? And is anyone willing to buy this Anna Paisley Hothouse bedding and ship it over to me? Thanks in advance. I get so disheartened at the bland impersonal decorating choices we have out here. There's just no character. You really do have to hunt the good stuff down because it's certainly not in the big popular stores.


Anyways, I'll soon have to work my way in to the bungalow which at the moment is being used as a storage room for all my art supplies. I think it's good to have somewhere that you can put the junk and slowly go through it a bit at a time and bring in what you want and chuck the rest. Plus I don't really have a studio in this house so I need somewhere to store my excess supplies (ie. crap). I really miss having a studio, but for now it's desks in corners of certain rooms where they'll fit.


So, not a lot of art going on, although I have been sketching in my trusty moleskine sketchbook and have some new inspiration for paintings and am also working on some new pendant designs. I think it's time now to give the cleaning a break and get into the art, yes?

I'll leave you with this little snapshot that I took recently. It has been so wet and rainy here, but it makes for some beautiful views, especially when the sun pops out just after a shower. And the camera really never does quite catch it.

4 comments:

Georgie Love said...

Oh, it looks absolutely perfect! What a beautiful room, house and view! Love the hermit crab prints too - they are some of my favorites (I squinted hard)

Georgie Love said...

Oh AND this shop is GORGEOUS, but pricey and they do have some handmade quilts and things...

http://www.tinypeople.com.au/unique-20/

Sarah said...

I Looovveee your Misfits print! I have been meaning to tell you! Also this rain pic is quite a treat. Ohhh how exciting about the baby area in the bedroom. You must be a fat lard by now?
:-)

potatomamma said...

Awww, what a sweet and cozy bed!

:-)

Happy Potato Greetings!
Astrid
-PotatoMammaDesign.com