Monday, September 22, 2008

Crafting For Baby

I have been busy with lots of ideas, but not so busy with actually making things happen! I am generally busy everyday, lord knows where the time goes.

Mum has just gone home from staying with me for a couple of days. It's been fun as she is crafty and creative too like me, so we sometimes get together and do some girly sewing and stuff.
We went to a fabric shop and I chose some fabrics out so she can make squiggle nugget some clothes. It's so much fun choosing fabrics. There's so much cute stuff out there...


I chose the fabric for this little dress that Mum has already made up too. Cute, eh?


She's also been busy making some bibs with some cute little designs on them:


Her partner is now worried that all mending is going to be put aside because of all the sewing to do for the new grandkid! Well, one must get their priorities right!

So while Mum was up, she did a bit of crocheting (she always crochets in white cotton usually, I keep telling her I'm going to buy a stack of multi coloured threads for her to crochet up) & I embellished a little all-in-one suit for my future bubby. It's just a plain white organic cotton suit, and I hand stitched all the elements onto it.


Here's a close-up to show you some more detail:



So that's what I have been up to for the last few days. Entertaining my Mum, cooking food, (including banana cake, eggplant lasagne, and yummy mini sausage rolls- I'm crazy for pastry lately) & crafting.

Plus feeling quite tired. Seven extra kilos I discovered I am carrying around! I am 33 weeks preggers now. Getting bigger!

5 comments:

Anna Lloyd said...

Lovely baby creations Julie (and Julie's Mum).

kat coyle said...

ooh love the embroidery!

jenscloset said...

How adorable! I'm glad I found your blog..through flickr!

annax said...

How lovely, to spent time with your mother, and creating things together. Beautiful fabrics and I just lovely items!

Congratulations with your pregnancy, by the way!
I hope the remaining weeks will be wonderful! The time always goes by too quickly...

:) annax

lil kim said...

wow - what a lucky bub to have such beautiful handmade goodies! Seems to me like you are getting a lot done!!