Monday, September 15, 2008

Mixed nuts Project


A little while ago I partook, along with a bunch of other talented artists, in an exhibition organised by Kirsty from Lollibchie. Our task was to take a blank nut shape and basically do whatever the heck we wanted to with it!
So I came up with a piece that I called "Forest Memories". There's a couple more pics of him (and his accompanying mini 2d artwork) that you can find through this link. You can also see all of the other contributing artists through that link too. There are some familiar names in there that you'd probably want to check out!
The idea of my character I made was that he had gone for a walk through the forest and brought some things back with him. He literally brought things back with him, but usually you bring something special back with you from visits to nature such as peacefulness, a refreshed feeling... you know, that sort of thing. And if you let these things travel back with you it can make you a happier person. His horse however was already his mate and was just accompanying him on his little expedition :)

I had fun making him. Makes me want to make some more softies!

9 comments:

syko kajsa said...

Hi! I just saw this book cover at the Lark Books site, not sure if it is the final one, but it looks great, and I am sure I recognise you style:
http://www.larkbooks.com/catalog?isbn=9781600593307

Green Kitchen said...

I love him. Very branch-y.

Margie Oomen said...

I really am in love with this softie you made. it reminds me so much of my own walks in the forest ( minus the horse) . You should definitely make more , I would love to see more of your world in this media.

leslie said...

this is fabulous!!
nice softie work : )

Ana said...

Nice and funny! :)

lil kim said...

Fun project Jules!
Hey so the countdown is really on now isn't it? How much longer to go? Hope all is well!!

xx Kim

annax said...

Ooh he is f a n t a s t i c! Great work. And I can see you really enjoyed making him!

libu said...

I love this and everything in your etst store,,I'll be watching you.
Lisa

Hélène H said...

I really love this. I once met a horse in deep meditation, and I still get news from him from time to time...