Before I start this post I'd like to apologise once again for being a very slack blogger. My plan is to finish up all the crazy amount of illustration work I have on at the moment then really get back into my blog and etsy shop. (Illustration work will be tying up at the end of May.) I have not had time to do much personal arty stuff at all. But here is something I made recently for my mate's 30th birthday. When she opened the present I told her she had to name it, and she said "Oh-Clinkett!" It was such a funny response as it was so quick, it was like she didn't even have to think of a name. It just came out. She is a funny girl.
So here is "Clinkett":
Following are some links that I meant to post a while ago, but better late than never.
The first one for you to look at if you're interested includes a snippet of my own work! Indie Art & Design has written a fab article about the awesome magical pink world that is In.cube8r Gallery. And look, whoa, there's my stuff! And just look at that colourful necklace at the end of the post with the white hand holding it up. I can't take my eyes off it. It's beautiful.
A good link you might want to add to add to your bookmarks list is the list of 100 great Etsy artists. A Thing of Beauty has compiled a list of 100 artists that all sell through Etsy. I'm thrilled and humbled to be a part of this great list. The post explains the aim of the list and promises more lists to come focussing on different areas of creativeness. (This list is of painters & illustrators, in other words the 2D kind of art.)
I can't get over the amount of great stuff out there! I know I say that all the time, but heck, it just blows me away every time I do a little browsing around on the net. I really feel out of the loop with what's going on because of the lack of internet browsing time I've had lately.
So, on to the tagging. I got tagged by Georgie Love AND Kim Bagwill. Extra pressure to do the task!
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
I know I have done this before, maybe more than once, so I hope I don't repeat myself which I have a tendency to do. I'm too lazy to go back and check my previous answers!
1. I am totally against spray air fresheners of any sort. Probably the worst would be those plug into your wall types. Not only have I recently heard that air fresheners can cause house fires, but I hate the thought of breathing in all that chemically crap that goes in to making these things.
2. This one is not about myself, but my Dad. You know when you get a loaf of bread in a plastic bag and after you take out what you need and go to tie the bag back up again you get air trapped in there? Well, my Dad puts his mouth to this opening and sucks the air out. It really is quite amusing if you see him do it for the first time as it's totally unexpected.
3. Celebrity magazines annoy me. I don't understand the fascination with wanting to read about these people where all the stories are probably either made up or embellished and exaggerated. I also don't understand why the magazines pretend that they really admire the celebrities and pretend to be affiliated with them in some kind of friendly way but then make all this fake stuff up about them and talk badly about them when it suits. Not that I loose sleep over celebrities and their problems, but anyway, just thought I'd give you my point of view on these. (Which doesn't mean to say I don't occasionally flick through them when I'm at my Mum's house and catch up on what seems to be going on with Tom and Katie..)
4. I love watching Dr Phil. I always have my lunch ready by 12 noon for when it comes on and use that as a timer for my lunch break. Sometimes I really get into it and even explain episodes to Jim when he gets home. (I'm sure he is grateful of this!!) I think some of the stuff he says makes a lot of sense. I especially love it when he comes down hard on drink drivers. Go Dr Phil! I'm NOT going to be embarrassed of this!
Hmmm. Seven is a lot isn't it?
5. Today I didn't get out of my pyjamas until about 1.30pm. I started work at 7.30am but just got too busy and getting dressed just kept getting put aside. I'm happy that I'm clothed now. Even if it is only in extra daggy tracksuit pants.
6. I have lived in 14 different houses in my life. You may remember I moved closer to the city? Well, it didn't last. I am back in the country again. I will take some photos and explain my crazy self very soon!
7. Last one! Ummmm. I am struggling! I hate the wind! It sucks big time! I would rather snow rain or hail than wind. It blows my cobwebby hair in my face and annoys me! It messes things up and blows rubbish around. I'm sure it has it's benefits and I wouldn't get rid of it if I had super powers, but I dislike it all the same. What a lame seventh answer!
Now I am tagging Lollie b chie, My Folk Lover, Lino Forest and Two Little Banshees. Four will do wont it?