Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Stitches & Craft Show- Melbourne


Went to the Stitches & Craft show on Friday with Stevie & my Mum. Discovered some awesome work by crochet artist Luisa De Santi.



Went a bit nuts at the Amitie Textiles stand. I live a bit of a drive from the shop so thought that a good enough excuse to stock up on some cute fabrics. None of which match each other to use in the same project which means my project to-do list just got a little longer ;) I'm thinking either a skirt or decorative tea towels for the top fabric. Stevie will probably benefit from the other designs...



A cute hoodie for Stevie from Twiglet. Such nice individual earthy designs...


And a really cool book with heaps of skirts and bags in that I want to make right now. There are probably a dozen skirts in this book that I would wear which made the $31 price illegal to pass up. I also bought a copy of Mixed Tape zine which is a great read from what I have seen so far and I'm thinking of taking up a subscription. It gives me the same pleasure reading it as I get reading other like minded crafty people's blogs, only in tactile recycled paper form. Nice.


I also met Liz from Betty Jo who's stuff looks mighty awesome and funky online but even better in real life. I saw some other people too from blog-land but shyness came across me and I did not introduce myself! Bah, silly girl!

All in all it was a good day. Hot, but good. Got loads of inspiration and if funds had've allowed it I could've spent a bucket load... but I think I spent enough!

I did forget at one stage though amidst all the excitement that I am actually a mother and need to change nappies. Sorry Stevie..!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jooolz,
we miss you and i love your blog!
we hope you come back soon, cos there isn't a week goes past when someone isn't going to your old cube or partition and exclaiming, "oh, no, i NEEDED one of those tummyache things!".
xx hope you get crafty-tmes soon. big loves from the in.cube8r chicks :)

Danielle McDonald said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I missed it this year, but heard there was quite an increase the blogging crafters attending! I love Luisa's work! Thanks for sharing. (Love your blog too! I read it regularly, but don't often comment!)

gemma correll said...

hello,
i just found your blog while looking for images of the MailMeArt book for my blog...
i love your work, it's super sweet.

gemma in england x

Sophie Demeere said...

Hi,

Love your blog! Getting so excited to get back to do my craft projects(and i have a few) when i look at all the great craft blogs that are around.
Looking forward to the Stitches and Craft Show coming soon to Brisbane, never been to one so not sure what to expect but hope it inspires me sooo much to get it together and once and for all to start doing what i enjoy the most!Soph : )

Cheeky Beaks said...

You were at the show and didn't say hello! NAUGHTY! Now I'm racking my brains to work out if I saw you there (and hoping I wasn't all quiet and shy myself) - talking to thousands of strangers all day is quite daunting.