Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stuff For Stevie


I finished the cardie for Stevie! It's extra thick & warm which is just in time for winter. I finished with less than 30cm of wool left over, can you believe it? Lucky!!!

This thing took ages coz I am such a slow knitter. And all through this project I was thinking, why did I start this? I could have made a bunch of stuff in the time that it's taken me to make this. But even tonight I was tempted to go through the pattern book that this cardie came from and start something new. Ridiculous. I'm not going to though, I have other things floating around in my mind that I need to get out.

And check out the old-school type booties I got for her from an op shop recently. I love them. They have sheep skin sewn to the bottom of them.


I have been wanting to make Stevie some clothes and to quickly satisfy this urge I did some quick jazzing-up of some preexisting items. I got these orange pants from a second hand store too, and I thought they were a pretty good find until I took them to the counter and the woman said, "Oh, isn't that cute?" as she pointed to the little paddington bear emblem on the leg. I said (unenthusiastically) "yeahhhhhh..." thinking, "oh crap I didn't notice that before", so upon getting home I got out this cute fabric I have with toadstools on it and covered up the (gay) little bear!!



And I thought, what a quick way to make cute funky looking clothes, so I cut out a pic from another piece of fabric and stitched it to this plain target top. Awesome! She'll be the best dressed baby on the block in no time... if only she will stop vomiting/ drooling/ spilling food on to all of her clothes...

4 comments:

zofia said...

The cardi looks gorgeous Jules.
Love the booties too, Stevie looks so snuggly!
Great job on the appliques- much improved!

Brooke Knoblock said...

Oh Jules, how can you not like Paddington Bear? *lol* But, if you did have to cover him up, at least you covered him with something lovely. :)

Anna Lloyd said...

Adorable clothes and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cardigan you knitted her!

Amelia said...

hello, I was wondering if you knew about Melbourne's collaborative op shopping blog 'I op therefore I am'

http://melb-opshopping.blogspot.com/

there are links there to maps and addresses of Melbourne's op shops. let me know if you are interested in joining.

regards, Amelia