Thursday, December 03, 2009

Heck!

Yes, heck, I am so sorry for disappearing with no explanation! Life is very, very busy and my poor little blog tends to be at the bottom of my to-do list. So, I'm thinking, even though I have already taken an unannounced break from it, I am officially announcing a blogging break just to focus on the little things in life, like raising a kid, cooking food, caring for my dogs and my chooks and with what little time I have left over, for crafting, relaxing with Jim with a glass (or two) of wine, or heck, maybe even sleeping.

I often think about this blog, and my future in the art & craft world, so I will be back one day in some shape or form. Even if I wanted to I could not escape the art world. Sometimes I think it would be a much more calmer and sane world in a way, but I am forever connected to it whether I like it of not.

I thank each and every reader for following me on my little blogging journey over the last few years. It has made my lonely days tucked away in my studio not seem so isolating. To be able to feel a connection with a creative collective locally and globally has been something very special. I feel though that I am "out of the loop" at the moment because I rarely have time to follow up on what has been happening or discovering new artisans, so I kind of gave up trying because I am just so time poor at the moment. I only just found out what twitter is! (Can you believe it!?) Now I know how the old folks feel. Feeling bad because you cannot find time to craft and look after a kid at the same time!? Feel bad no longer! I am with you! I ADMIT IT!

I make things here and there but you need that extra motivation and time to actually blog about it!

So thank you all, and I hope to see you again very soon, big hugs xxx

5 comments:

Danielle McDonald said...

You will be missed! Of couse I totally understand how tough it can be to keep up with things, and it's so easy to get "out of the loop"! I feel the same way at the moment. Anyway, enjoy focusing on the most important things in life and I look forward to seeing you pop up again...somewhere...one day when you are ready!

Kate said...

I will keep you in the blog reader for your return!
Have a lovely break!

manda said...

I'll miss visiting here too :-) and i totally understand why you are taking a break. Life with kids and animals is full enough without having the time to stop and document it or any making that is squeezed in between. Enjoy your beautiful little girl....she will grow so fast...mine is already 11! and if and when you do come back that will be great too.
Manda :-)

benconservato said...

Keep an eye out for you. We do miss your crazy piece, but I completely understand how time slips past. Look after yourself.

Kristina Sostarko said...

Hey Jules! Big hugs, lots of big hugs. Your life sounds amazing and fun! and while I do miss seeing you here, I'm just really thrilled things are excellent, and life is flowing along nicely for you. xo Kristina

PS. I (just) know what twitter is, I just can't work out what the 'point' is. ha ha ha.